REOLINK RLK8-410B4 Security System – Review
The support is only available through email.
Reasons to have a Security Camera System
Firstly, a video security system allows you to secure and monitor your property. It lets you live in an 100% safe place and you won’t be worried anymore. Secondly, a monitoring system with cameras and alarms will give you the opportunity to save money on insurance. Indeed, insurance companies usually spend a ton of money to pay fire damages or break-in. This is why, many of those insurance companies will give you a discount rate if you have a video camera system installed. You shoul also consider that your property’s value could increase with a security camera system installed. It provides protection and peace of mind, two important price factors in the process of selling your property.
Reolink rlk8-410b4 Video Security System Overview
Manufactured by REOLINK, the aforementioned security system boasts quite a powerful set of features in terms of quality and performance. Featuring some of the best quality cameras on the market that include an easy to use interface, features of the above mentioned include the following:
- 1440p High Definition
- DIY – plug and play capabilities
- PoE – power over Ethernet
- Built-in 2TB HDD
Personal Experience with the Reolink RLK8-410B4
The Advantages and Disdvantages
- One of the larger advantages of this product is that it does come equipped with an HDD – what’s even better is that the HDD included is 2TB, so you don’t have to worry about deleting files any time soon to make room for new security footage. You’re able to record and store efficiently and allow your business (or home) to be safe at all times.
- Beyond this, you’re going to be able to reap the benefits of the 1440p super high resolution. The actual camera is equipped with 4-megapixels, but it’s worth noting that megapixels aren’t the only thing you must look for in a high-quality camera, especially ones that are made for security purposes.
- Another advantage of this security system is that you’re able to plug and play so easily. Even if you’re not that seasoned in technology and require a high-quality security system for a decent price, you’re able to begin installing and using within minutes of receiving.
- A 30-day money back guarantees, as well as 24/6 online support with an agent (one on one).
- A real-time saver, while being able to help you save thousands in the future, as you won’t have to replace any times that are stolen. We say this because the quality of the security system is that good with monitoring and you’ll be able to capture the bad guys with ease. No more overly pixelated security feeds and surely no “potato” quality images to be sent out.
- Lastly, we have to discuss the inclusion of a built-in microphone within the camera. In having this, you’ll be able to identify those who are on the security cameras, even if their faces aren’t showing – or at least have a better chance of doing so. In having this, you can really buckle down on those you’re trying to target (if you have repeat offenders).
- Maybe you’re someone who wants security equipment around your home due to a stalker or something else of the sort. In having a microphone to pick up on voices and actions happening, you can indefinitely reduce the amount of detective work that’ll happen to find out the culprit at hand.
- One of the disadvantages (or advantages, based on how you look at it), is that this security system operates on embedded Linux OS. If you’re someone that wants something a little more basic, you may have to look elsewhere, but if you’re someone who wants the best of the best, maybe it’s time to implement this on a dedicated device to ensure the safety of your home or business.
- While it’s not a super disadvantage, and doesn’t affect the performance of the product whatsoever, it’s definitely something to think about for those that know nothing of Linux, as this security system claims to be plug-and-play. Those who don’t have or know of the embedded Linux OS may not know how to function with this set of security cameras at first.
- The only other disadvantage that I would find within this security system is that there are no alarms to be triggered – you’ll have invested in an alarm system otherwise. Which can be good and bad. If you’re not careful with monitoring, you may miss something that an alarm could pick up (hiding movement, light, sounds), although the cameras are able to capture quite a lot – including sound.
User Experience and Performance
Many of the verified owners of this security system say that the plug and play aspect of this security system is truthful, and the quality of the recordings and camera is superb, even when every camera is recording at once.
You don’t have to worry about choppiness or lagging when you add more cameras, and you can hide this set of cameras very well. Those that are nervous of not liking the graphical user interface will love that the one within this system is simplistic.
Here a small overview video of this security camera system: