REOLINK RLK8-410B4 Security System – Review
The support is only available through email.
Reasons to have a Security Camera System
Firstly, a video security system allows you to secure and monitor your property. It lets you live in an 100% safe place and you won’t be worried anymore.
Secondly, a monitoring system with cameras and alarms will give you the opportunity to save money on insurance. Indeed, insurance companies usually spend a ton of money to pay fire damages or break-in. This is why, many of those insurance companies will give you a discount rate if you have a video camera system installed.
You should also consider that your property’s value could increase with a security camera system installed. It provides protection and peace of mind, two important price factors in the process of selling your property.
Reolink rlk8-410b4 Video Security System Overview
Because of the 2 terabyte HDD for recording 24/7, as well as a PoE (Power over Ethernet) camera that boasts 4MP and an 8-channel NVR, you’re going to be able to monitor your premises with ease.
There are also four separate 4MP PoE cameras for usage over IP, and you’re able to plug and play to get started. There are no hassles with trying to get this security system working, as it’s pretty standard and straightforward.
Beyond this, you’re capable of reaping the benefits of multiple decoding resolutions of 4MP at 1080p or 3mp at 720p – whatever you desire; you can have it! The video input of the PoE IP Camera is x 8 and the password security functions allow for one admin and up to 19 different users; this way, you won’t have to worry about “which admin” could have possibly done something by accident or on purpose.Set yourself as an admin and let the others be users to ensure accurate security footage that can only be edited by you.
If you were wondering, there IS a built-in mic for the cameras, and you won’t have to worry about silent security footage wreaking havoc on your in-house “detectives” aka your employees (or family).When it comes to security equipment that have microphones, you may be wondering if you have to watch what you say and remain quiet – thankfully, you don’t have to, as there isn’t two-way audio with these cameras.
The aforementioned is something you have to worry about when buying specific security cameras that are meant for monitoring and letting people into the premises, not ones that are strictly for monitoring.
Manufactured by REOLINK, the aforementioned security system boasts quite a powerful set of features in terms of quality and performance. Featuring some of the best quality cameras on the market that include an easy to use interface, features of the above mentioned include the following:
- 1440p High Definition
- DIY – plug and play capabilities
- PoE – power over Ethernet
- Built-in 2TB HDD
Personal Experience with the Reolink RLK8-410B4
While I wasn’t initially familiar with the Linux operating system, I was able to research more for implementation of this product within my business place. I was glad I had because this is one of the best and most powerful systems currently on the market, offering a ton for the average user, and even for those that are more advanced.
Having 24/7 monitoring is extremely important for days we’re closed at night, as well as those days we have security on doing a night shift. You can monitor from iPhone, Android, and even a computer with ease, and set up an incredible system of 19 employees to help monitor and keep an eye on it.
Beyond all this, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the quality levels offered between with HD viewing, as well as the lens and quality of the webcam.
As for the specs of the lens, video and audio, we’ll discuss them here: The lens features a 4mm focal length and a 2.0 max aperture, which is great for those that are in low-light settings.
The angle of view is 80 degrees, and the focus control is fixed so that you receive everything without being blurry or it focusing on something else while the culprit gets away. Beyond this, the video is able to stream at 30 frames per second, with bitrates between 1024kbps and 8192kbps.
The Advantages of this System
- One of the larger advantages of this product is that it does come equipped with an HDD – what’s even better is that the HDD included is 2TB, so you don’t have to worry about deleting files any time soon to make room for new security footage. You’re able to record and store efficiently and allow your business (or home) to be safe at all times.
- Beyond this, you’re going to be able to reap the benefits of the 1440p super high resolution. The actual camera is equipped with 4-megapixels, but it’s worth noting that megapixels aren’t the only thing you must look for in a high-quality camera, especially ones that are made for security purposes.
- Another advantage of this security system is that you’re able to plug and play so easily. Even if you’re not that seasoned in technology and require a high-quality security system for a decent price, you’re able to begin installing and using within minutes of receiving.
- A 30-day money back guarantees, as well as 24/6 online support with an agent (one on one).
- A real-time saver, while being able to help you save thousands in the future, as you won’t have to replace any times that are stolen. We say this because the quality of the security system is that good with monitoring and you’ll be able to capture the bad guys with ease. No more overly pixelated security feeds and surely no “potato” quality images to be sent out.
- Lastly, we have to discuss the inclusion of a built-in microphone within the camera. In having this, you’ll be able to identify those who are on the security cameras, even if their faces aren’t showing – or at least have a better chance of doing so. In having this, you can really buckle down on those you’re trying to target (if you have repeat offenders).
- Maybe you’re someone who wants security equipment around your home due to a stalker or something else of the sort. In having a microphone to pick up on voices and actions happening, you can indefinitely reduce the amount of detective work that’ll happen to find out the culprit at hand.
- One of the disadvantages (or advantages, based on how you look at it), is that this security system operates on embedded Linux OS. If you’re someone that wants something a little more basic, you may have to look elsewhere, but if you’re someone who wants the best of the best, maybe it’s time to implement this on a dedicated device to ensure the safety of your home or business.
- While it’s not a super disadvantage, and doesn’t affect the performance of the product whatsoever, it’s definitely something to think about for those that know nothing of Linux, as this security system claims to be plug-and-play. Those who don’t have or know of the embedded Linux OS may not know how to function with this set of security cameras at first.
- The only other disadvantage that I would find within this security system is that there are no alarms to be triggered – you’ll have invested in an alarm system otherwise. Which can be good and bad. If you’re not careful with monitoring, you may miss something that an alarm could pick up (hiding movement, light, sounds), although the cameras are able to capture quite a lot – including sound.
User Experience and Performance
Many of the verified owners of this security system say that the plug and play aspect of this security system is truthful, and the quality of the recordings and camera is superb, even when every camera is recording at once.
You don’t have to worry about choppiness or lagging when you add more cameras, and you can hide this set of cameras very well. Those that are nervous of not liking the graphical user interface will love that the one within this system is simplistic.
Here a small overview video of this security camera system: